Canada Post Integration: an enhanced Canada Post extension that supports all rates.
Plus these added features:
1. Additional Weight field to easily add standard packaging weight, rather than having to do it on each item.
2. Additional Fee field to add upcharge - can be fixed dollar amount or percentage of shipping rate.
3. If enabling Ship Product Individually but without having fixed price rates are calculated separately for that item based on weight or dimensions. If item is ordered with other items it is correctly added to total shipping fees, but not included in calculation of other items.
4. Works well with the default free shipping, default per item shipping, default flat rate shipping.
5. Ability to select Zip/Postal code(s) to offer local delivery service only. Local delivery service may be offered as free service or with a flat charge. Admin can show additional message in the checkout cart page to inform the customers about the local delivery service. Admin may choose to show just the local delivery service or all the shipping services offered for the selected Zip/Postal code(s).
If using more than one shipper the run order needs to be set for controlling the blue box messages - i.e. You're using FedEx and CanadaPost, FedEx run order should be 1 and Canada Post run order is 2.
Weight and length class must be set correctly within the System > Settings > Details page.
In Metric locations use: Kilogram in Weight Class fields and Centimeter in Length Class.
In US or other non-metric locations use: Pound in Weight Class and Inch in Length Class.
You will need to get an API key from Canada Post, even if you already have an shipping account.
Go to the Developer Program https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/drc/home?execution=e1s1
Click on Join Now if you don’t have an account. Or Sign in if you already have an account.
You will receive an email about your Developer Program Registration Log into your account and your API keys will be shown
1. Test Mode: Use this extension in test(On) or production mode(Off).
2. Testing/Production Key: Insert your Canada Post Testing/Production Username here.
3. Testing/Production Password: Insert your Canada Post Testing/Production Password here.
4. Testing/Production Account Number: Insert the Canada Post Account Number here.
Account number is used to get special pricing, leave it blank for retail pricing.
5. Origin City: Enter the name of the origin city.
6. Origin Zip/Postal Code: Enter your origin zip/postal code.
7. Origin Country: Enter your (two letters) Country Name(Only for test credential purpose)
8. Test Your Connection: You can test if API credentials that you've entered are correct after you saved the credentials.
9. Domestic Services: Select your desired Domestic Canada Post Shipping Services.
Notes for number 10-13: If you are offering Local Delivery Services AND using more than one shipper you must enable Local Delivery Services on only ONE shipper. e.g. you offer FedEx, UPS and Canada Post, and also Local Delivery – you must enable Local Delivery on only ONE shipper: FedEx, UPS or Canada Post.
10. Enter Zip/Postal Code(s) eligible to use Local Delivery Service: Use commas(,) without space as the multi Zip/Postal code(s) separator, and no spaces within the Zip/Postal code(s). To define areas use asterisk (*) replacement - eg K1A*, K2B*.
11. Local delivery fee: Enter the local delivery fee if you want to charge customer or leave blank if it is a free delivery.
12. Turn ON to show ONLY Local Delivery Services: Turn OFF if you want to show all shipping options including Local Delivery services.
13. Insert your desired text to be shown on cart page to let customers know about local delivery schedule or services: Insert your desired message.
Notes for number 14, number 16 and number 18: If you are using more than ONE shipper and are offering any Free Shipping service, you must choose only ONE shipper for the Free Shipping. e.g. if using FedEx, UPS and Canada Post, Free Shipping can only be offered from one.
14. If using a Free Shipping option within your cart select which service you are using for the Free Shipping: Select your desired Domestic Canada Post Shipping Services for the free shipping.
15. USA Services: Select your desired USA Canada Post Shipping Services.
16. If using a Free Shipping option within your cart select which service you are using for the Free USA Shipping: Select your desired USA Canada Post Shipping Services for the free shipping.
17. International Services: Select your desired International Canada Post Shipping Service if you are selling worldwide.
18. If using a Free Shipping option within your cart select which service you are using for the Free International Shipping: Select your desired International Canada Post Shipping Services for the free shipping.
Notes for number 19-21: Default is 5 x 5 x 5 which works for most business. You can input your normal size if different.
Also, input on a product page will be used for that individual product rate look up. (You need to input individual product size and turn on the Ship Product Individually flag on product page.)
19. Dimensions Length(Optional): Insert your Box Length here.
20. Dimensions Width(Optional): Insert your Box Width here.
21. Dimensions Height(Optional): Insert your Box Height here.
22. Max Box Weight (Optional): Specifies the maximum box size (Canada Post maximum weight is 30kg). Once the maximum weight is met, the system will calculate shipping for 2(or more) boxes.
23. Display Weight: Do you want to display the shipping weight? (e.g. (Weight : 0.15lb) )
24. Tax Class: Choose your Tax Class.
25. Location: Choose your Zone.
Notes: You can use additional fee or additional weight or you can use both if desired.
26. Additional Fee Type: Choose the type that you want to use for the additional Fee. Fixed amount or Rate Percentage based.
27. Additional Fee: Insert your desired Additional Fee value that you want to charge to your customer.
e.g. The rate is $5.00, your fixed additional fee is $3.00, the rate shown to customer is $8. Or if you're using the percentage instead of fixed rate, and it is 10% from the rate, the rate will be $5.5. To use either fixed or percentage based additional fee, just enter the digits without the % or currency symbol.
28. Additional Weight: Insert your desired Additional weight that you want to charge to your customer.
e.g. The weight is 0.26lb, your additional weight is 0.50, the weight will be 0.76lb and not shown to customer
29. Declared Value: Do you want to Declare Package Value? Yes(On) or No(Off)
30. Declared Value Nominal: Enter the minimum nominal that will be used to enable the Declared Value. (If you leave it blank, it will use USD $100 by default)
31. Signature Option : Do you want to add Signature Option Fee? Yes(On) or No(Off).
The Signature Option is only applied to services where signature option is not included.
32. Signature Option Nominal: Enter the minimum cart total that will be used to add the Signature Option Fee. (Leave it blank if you don't want to use minimum cart total as a threshold.)
33. Insert your desired text to be shown on cart page. This is to inform customer that the the actual rate will be calculated on the checkout page based on their shipping address.
Finally Click the Save button and Turn On the extension.
Important technical information changes as of March 31, 2018.
Fix incorrect obtaining API and signup URL in quick note.
changes Change update.sql to update.php in order to avoid upgrade issue.
Support AbanteCart v 1.2.12-1.2.13.
Remove unnecessary quick checkout template files.
Add missing service:
1. Priority Worldwide pak Int’l.
2. International Parcel Surface.
3. Small Packet International Surface.
feature Separate Local Delivery into a new block for selection.
changes Admins now able to use both complete and partial Postal/Zip Code(s) by adding an asterisk(*) behind the code or one of them. It is useful if admins want to define an area instead of fill in the codes one by one. e.g. K1A*,K2B8J6.
1. Exclude certain Zip/Postal code(s) for using Canada Post service and use local delivery service.
2. Admin may choose if want to show just the local delivery service or all of the shipping services for the excluded Zip/Postal code(s).
3. Admin may charge a fee for the local delivery service or set it as free service.
4. Admin can show additional message in the checkout cart page to inform the customers about the local delivery service.
bug-fix Fixed the wrong language definition replacement.
changes No more overrides cart.tpl.
bug-fix Fixed the wrong individual shipping with insured value multiplication.
changes Convert product weight class to kg and product dimension class to cm as Canada Post requires them in kg/cm.
feature Add using FlexDelivery address notification for customers.
Support AbanteCart v 1.2.9
feature Implement the test connection and credential in admin additional setting page.
Support AbanteCart v 1.2.8
bug-fix Fixed the Fixed Shipping Price with other products shipping rate calculation.
feature Implement the Signature Option feature.
bug-fix Fixed the currency change issue.
feature Implemented the max box weight. Once the maximum weight is met, the system will calculate shipping for 2(or more) boxes.
improvement Now admin may select whether want to use fixed based or percentage based fee.