1. Starting with extension version 1.2.15 we have adopted a license key for all our extensions. Your extension will only work if you have a validated license key entered for the location where your extension is installed. Refer to here for more details on how license keys work.
2. In our opinion AbanteCart v 1.2.14 is extremely problematic and requires a large number of patch files to work correctly. Our recommendation is to upgrade v 1.2.14 to AbanteCart v 1.2.15.
This extension v 1.2.15 is tested to work with AbanteCart v 1.2.15. It may work with AbanteCart v 1.2.14 if all the patch files have been updated but we don't recommend you using AbanteCart v 1.2.14.
FedEx Integration: an enhanced FedEx extension that supports all rates, including Dimensional Weight and Oversize Package Surcharges.
Plus these added features:
1. Additional Weight field to easily add standard packaging weight, rather than having to do it on each item.
2. Additional Fee field to add upcharge - can be fixed dollar amount or percentage of shipping rate.
3. If enabling Ship Product Individually but without having fixed price rates are calculated separately for that item based on weight or dimensions. If item is ordered with other items is it correctly added to total shipping fees, but not included in calculation of other items.
4. Works well with the default free shipping, default per item shipping, default flat rate shipping.
5. Uses FedEx address verification system to determine residential or commercial rate lookup on the checkout out page.
6. Allows the use of declared value of a shipment, including ability to set a Declared Nominal Value.
7. Ability to select Zip/Postal code(s) to offer local delivery service only. Local delivery service may be offered as free service or with a flat charge. Admin can show additional message in the checkout cart page to inform the customers about the local delivery service. Admin may choose to show just the local delivery service or all the shipping services offered for the selected Zip/Postal code(s).
For more info about FedEx service guide, you can download the pdf file here
1. This is the manual link.
2. This is extension quick note.
3. Turn ON to use the extension.
4. Enter you license code. Refer to How to obtain license code section for more information.
5. Select your desired FedEx icon that will be displayed to customer during checkout.
6. Turn ON if you want to set this extension as the default shipping one.
7. Select payment methods that will be only available for this extension.
8. You can leave it blank if you don't want to set the extension run order.
To obtain your Meter Number and Authorization Key, you will need to follow these steps:
Go to http://fedex.com/us/developer
Login in with FedEx username and password or click Register Now if you don't have one.
Click on "FedEx Web Services”
Click on "Move To Production"
Scroll down to button and click "Get Production Key".
On Question 1 choose "No" on Do you intend to resell your software?
On Question 2 check the first box “FedEx Web Services for Shipping“
On Question 3 Choose "Corporate Developer"
Click “Continue” button
Fill out the form (do not use dashes in the account number).
Receive meter number and key instantly. IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the sensitivity of this information, the production authentication key is not provided in the confirmation email. Please retain this information for your records. Your Production Password will be emailed to you once you complete the above steps.
This extension uses FedEx Address Validation Service to determine if customer address was Business or Residential address and fetch rate based on that. You need to call FedEx to have your Address Validation Service turned on. Check this section for how to get the Service turned ON.
1. Quick How-to.
2. Extension Manual URL Link Button.
3. Test Mode: Use this module in Test (YES) or Production mode (NO).
4. Testing/Production Key: Insert your FedEx Testing/Production Key here.
5. Testing/Production Password: Insert your FedEx Testing/Production Password here.
6. Testing/Production Account Number: Insert the FedEx Account Number here.
7. Testing/Production Meter Number: Insert the FedEx Account Number here.
8. Select Drop Off Type: Select your desired International FedEx Shipping Service if you are selling worldwide.
-Regular Pickup - The shipper already has an every-day pickup scheduled with a courier.
-Request Courier - The shipper will call FedEx to ask for a courier.
-Drop Box - The shipper will drop the package in a FedEx drop box.
-Business Service Center - The shipper will drop off the package at an authorized FedEx business service center.
-Station - The shipper will drop off the package at a FedEx Station.
9. Packaging Type: Select your packaging type. You can refer for more information about the package options here for Metric locations or here for US or other non-metric locations.
10. Use Residential Rate As Default: Turn On if you want to use Residential Rate as the default instead of Commercial Rate on the view cart page and checkout page if Address Validation Service is not available.
11. Origin City: Enter the name of the origin city.
12. Origin Zip/Postal Code: Enter your origin zip/postal code.
13. Origin State: Enter your (two/three letters) State code.
14. Origin Country: Enter your (two letters) Country code.
15. Select the HUB ID that was given to you by FedEx: Only if you are eligible to use SMART POST.
16. Turn ON if you want to use discount rates: It will use Your Account Rate and not Published Rate.
17. Test Your Connection: You can test if API credentials that you've entered are correct after you saved the credentials.
18. Domestic Services: Select your desired Domestic FedEx Shipping Services.
Notes for number 19-21: If you are offering Local Delivery Services AND using more than one shipper you must enable Local Delivery Services on only ONE shipper. e.g. you offer FedEx, UPS and USPS, and also Local Delivery – you must enable Local Delivery on only ONE shipper: FedEx, UPS or USPS.
19. Enter Zip/Postal Code(s) eligible to use Local Delivery Service: Use commas(,) without space as the multi Zip/Postal code(s) separator, and no spaces within the Zip/Postal code(s). To define areas use asterisk (*) replacement - eg 351*,350*.
20. Local delivery fee: Enter the local delivery fee if you want to charge customer or leave blank if it is a free delivery.
21. Turn ON to show ONLY Local Delivery Services: Turn OFF if you want to show all shipping options including Local Delivery services.
22. Insert your desired text to be shown on cart page to let customers know about local delivery schedule or services: Insert your desired message.
Notes for number 23 and number 25: If you are using more than ONE shipper and are offering any Free Shipping service, you must choose only ONE shipper for the Free Shipping. e.g. if using UPS, USPS and FedEx, Free Shipping can only be offered from one.
23. If using a Free Shipping option within your cart select which service you are using for the Free United States Shipping (If your location is in USA): Select the FedEx Services to be offered for free shipping.
24. International Services: Select your desired International FedEx Shipping Service if you are selling worldwide.
25. If using a Free Shipping option within your cart select which service you are using for the Free International Shipping: Select your desired International FedEx Shipping Services for the free shipping.
26. Display Weight: Do you want to display the shipping weight? (e.g. (Weight : 0.15lb) )
Notes for number 27-29: Default is 5 x 5 x 5 which works for most business, You can input your normal size if different.
Also, input on a product page will be used for that individual product rate look up. (You need to input individual product size and turn on the Ship Product Individually flag on product page.)
27. Dimensions Length(Optional): Insert your Box Length here.
28. Dimensions Width(Optional): Insert your Box Width here.
29. Dimensions Height(Optional): Insert your Box Height here.
30. Max Box Weight (Optional): Specifies the maximum box size. Once the maximum weight is met, the system will calculate shipping for 2(or more) boxes.
31. Tax Class: Choose your Tax Class.
32. Location: Choose your Zone.
Notes: You can use additional fee or additional weight or you can use both if desired.
33. Additional Fee Type: Choose the type that you want to use for the additional Fee. Fixed amount or Rate Percentage based.
34. Additional Fee: Insert your desired Additional Fee value that you want to charge to your customer.
e.g. The rate is $5.00, your fixed additional fee is $3.00, the rate shown to customer is $8. Or if you're using the percentage instead of fixed rate, and it is 10% from the rate, the rate will be $5.5. To use either fixed or percentage based additional fee, just enter the digits without the % or currency symbol.
35. Additional Weight: Insert your desired Additional weight that you want to charge to your customer.
e.g. The weight is 0.26lb, your additional weight is 0.50, the weight will be 0.76lb and not shown to customer
36. Declared Value: Do you want to Declare Package Value? Yes(On) or No(Off)
37. Declared Value Nominal: Enter the minimum nominal that will be used to enable the Declared Value. (If you leave it blank, it will use USD $100 by default)
38. Estimate Message: Insert your desired text to be shown to customers to inform them that rate on cart page was using using residential/commercial address based rate and not actual, the actual rate will be shown on checkout page based on their address if the Address Validation Service is available.
Finally Click the Save button and Turn On the extension.
The direct number for the Support is 1-877-339-2774, opt 2, then opt 3. You can key in the option numbers (recommended) or wait for the list to be spoken. Opt 2 is FedEx.com Ship Manager. Opt 3 is FedEx.com Ship Manager Server. Once connected to a live person request Address Verification to be added. They can accomplish that over the phone and it will be immediately available.
List of Countries that supports Address Validation:
Getting different rates between FedEx site and your siteThe rates on FedEx is a retail price, you need to login to your FedEx account here to get both rates for your site and FedEx rates.
Notes: This is only available in AbanteCart v 1.2.2+
Fix shipping cost not being calculated correctly if admin add products to existing order via the admin sale order page.
changes Change update.sql to update.php in order to avoid upgrade issue.
Support AbanteCart v 1.2.12-1.2.13.
1. Fix missing UPS Plus Locator if used with UPS Plus Integration extension.
2. Fix PHP7 A non-numeric value encountered warning message.
3. Fix wrong sort order.
4. Fix missing other shippers multiple local delivery(USPS integration and UPS integration) on checkout/cart if used together.
5. Fix wrong domestic or international shipping detection.
6. Remove Fedex services if USPS integration, UPS integration and show only local delivery option are turned ON.
feature Separate Local Delivery into a new block for selection.
1. Exclude certain Zip/Postal code(s) for using USPS service and use local delivery service.
2. Admin may choose if want to show just the local delivery service or all of the shipping services for the excluded Zip/Postal code(s).
3. Admin may charge a fee for the local delivery service or set it as free service.
4. Admin can show additional message in the checkout cart page to inform the customers about the local delivery service.
5. Admins able to use both complete and partial Postal/Zip Code(s) by adding an asterisk(*) behind the code or one of them. It is useful if admins want to define an area instead of fill in the codes one by one. e.g. 351*,35005.
changes No more overrides cart.tpl.
You can directly install without the need to uninstall and delete. You don't need to resave the settings anymore.
1. Decode html tag in Estimate Message.
2. Fix Negotiated Button OFF even if it's turned ON.
bug-fix Fixed the wrong individual shipping with insured value multiplication.
1. Changed gateway.fedex.com to ws.fedex.com.
2. Added the support link in additional settings quick notes.
bug-fix Fixed the:
1. Illegal string offset 'Notifications'.
2. Illegal string offset 'Severity'.
When using Canada Post and FedEx, both blue blocks will show.
1. Implement Smart Post Service.
2. Added option to use discounted rates or retail rates.
3. Added AbanteCart v 1.2.8 support.
1. You can directly install without the need to uninstall and delete.
2. You need to redo the settings.
3. Please save the changes by click on the save button and not the quick save button.
feature Implement the test connection and credential in admin additional setting page.
bug-fix Fixed individual shipping product error.
bug-fix Fixed the currency change issue.
feature Implemented the max box weight. Once the maximum weight is met, the system will calculate shipping for 2(or more) boxes.
improvement Now admin may select whether want to use fixed based or percentage based fee.