Manuals and more NOW located at our new
AbanteCart Information Hub from WHY2
1. Starting with extension version 1.2.15 we have adopted a license key for all our extensions. Your extension will only work if you have a validated license key entered for the location where your extension is installed. Refer to here for more details on how license keys work.
2. In our opinion AbanteCart v 1.2.14 is extremely problematic and requires a large number of patch files to work correctly. Our recommendation is to upgrade v 1.2.14 to AbanteCart v 1.2.15.
This extension v 1.2.15 is tested to work with AbanteCart v 1.2.15. It may work with AbanteCart v 1.2.14 if all the patch files have been updated but we don't recommend you using AbanteCart v 1.2.14.
UPS Integration: an enhanced UPS extension that supports all rates, including Dimensional Weight, Billable Weight, and Oversize Package Surcharges.
Plus these added features:
1. Additional Weight field to easily add standard packaging weight, rather than having to do it on each item.
2. Additional Fee field to add upcharge - can be fixed dollar amount or percentage of shipping rate.
3. If enabling Ship Product Individually but without having fixed price rates are calculated separately for that item based on weight or dimensions. If item is ordered with other items is it correctly added to total shipping fees, but not included in calculation of other items.
4. Works well with the default free shipping, default per item shipping, default flat rate shipping.
5. Uses UPS address verification system to determine residential or commercial rate lookup on the checkout out page.
6. Allows the use of declared value of a shipment, including ability to set a Declared Nominal Value.
7. Ability to select Zip/Postal code(s) to offer local delivery service only. Local delivery service may be offered as free service or with a flat charge. Admin can show additional message in the checkout cart page to inform the customers about the local delivery service. Admin may choose to show just the local delivery service or all the shipping services offered for the selected Zip/Postal code(s).
For more info about UPS Rates and other info, you can download UPS daily rates pdf file here
1. This is the manual link.
2. This is extension quick note.
3. Turn ON to use the extension.
4. Enter you license code. Refer to How to obtain license code section for more information.
5. Select your desired UPS icon that will be displayed to customer during checkout.
6. Turn ON if you want to set this extension as the default shipping one.
7. Select payment methods that will be only available for this extension.
8. You can leave it blank if you don't want to set the extension run order.
1. Quick How-to.
2. Extension Manual URL Link Button.
3. Test Mode: Use this module in Test (YES) or Production mode (NO).
4. Access Key: Enter the XML rates access key assigned to you by UPS.
Follow the steps here to obtain UPS developer username, password and access key.
5. Username: Insert your UPS Username here.
6. Password: Insert your UPS Password here.
7. Account Number: Insert your UPS Account Number here. This is mandatory if you are using negotiated rates.
8. Pickup Method: Select your pickup method.
How do you give packages to UPS (only used when origin is US)
9. Packaging Type: Select your packaging type.
10. Customer Classification Code:
00 - If you have negotiated/incentivised shipping rates.
01 - If you are an existing customer account prior to January 3, 2011 that provides for Daily Rates, or UPS Scheduled Pickup service implemented prior to January 3, 2011.
04 - If you do not receive UPS Scheduled Pickup service; ship from a UPS retail location, such as The UPS Store® or UPS Customer Center; or ship infrequently with a UPS account number or payment card.
53 - If you have a customised agreement with UPS that provides for Standard List Rates, or a UPS Scheduled Pickup account established on or after January 3, 2011.
11. Use Residential Rate As Default: Turn On if you want to use Residential Rate as the default instead of Commercial Rate on the view cart page.
The checkout page will validate the address whether it's residential or commercial
12. Negotiated Rates: Turn On if you have the negotiated rates enabled on your UPS Account.
Negotiated rates will be used - your shipper account must have negotiated rates activated AND you must use 00 in the Customer Classification code field.
13. Shipping Origin Code: What origin point should be used (this setting affects only what UPS product names are shown to the user)
14. Origin City: Enter the name of the origin city.
15. Origin Zip/Postal Code: Enter your origin zip/postal code.
16. Origin State: Enter your (two/three letters) State code .
17. Origin Country: Enter your (two letters) Country code . For reference click here.
18. Test Your Connection: You can test if API credentials that you've entered are correct after you saved the credentials.
19. Services: Select the UPS Services to be offered (The list of services are different based on your origination).
Notes for number 20-22: If you are offering Local Delivery Services AND using more than one shipper you must enable Local Delivery Services on only ONE shipper. e.g. you offer FedEx, UPS and USPS, and also Local Delivery – you must enable Local Delivery on only ONE shipper: FedEx, UPS or USPS.
20. Enter Zip/Postal Code(s) eligible to use Local Delivery Service: Use commas(,) without space as the multi Zip/Postal code(s) separator, and no spaces within the Zip/Postal code(s). To define areas use asterisk (*) replacement - eg 351*,350*.
21. Local delivery fee: Enter the local delivery fee if you want to charge customer or leave blank if it is a free delivery.
22. Turn ON to show ONLY Local Delivery Services: Turn OFF if you want to show all shipping options including Local Delivery services.
23. Insert your desired text to be shown on cart page to let customers know about local delivery schedule or services: Insert your desired message.
Notes for number 24: If you are using more than ONE shipper and are offering any Free Shipping service, you must choose only ONE shipper for the Free Shipping. e.g. if using UPS , USPS and FedEx, Free Shipping can only be offered from one.
24. If using a Free Shipping option within your cart select which service you are using for the Free United States Shipping (If your location is in USA): Select the UPS Services to be offered for free shipping.
25. Display Weight: Do you want to display the shipping weight? (e.g. (Weight : 0.17lb) )
Also, input on a product page will be used for that individual product rate look up. (You need to input individual product size and turn on the Ship Product Individually flag on product page.)
26. Dimensions Length (Optional): Insert your Box Length here.
27. Dimensions Width (Optional): Insert your Box Width here.
28. Dimensions Height (Optional): Insert your Box Height here.
29. Max Box Weight (Optional): Specifies the maximum box size (just the number). Once the maximum weight is met, the system will calculate shipping for 2(or more) boxes.
30. Tax Class: Choose your Tax Class. The tax is shown in a separate line on invoice.
31. Location: Choose your Zone.
32. Additional Fee Type: Choose the type that you want to use for the additional Fee. Fixed amount or Rate Percentage based.
33. Additional Fee: Insert your desired Additional Fee value that you want to charge to your customer.
e.g. The rate is $5.00, your fixed additional fee is $3.00, the rate shown to customer is $8. Or if you're using the percentage instead of fixed rate, and it is 10% from the rate, the rate will be $5.5. To use either fixed or percentage based additional fee, just enter the digits without the % or currency symbol.
34. Additional Weight: Insert your desired additional weight that you want to charge to your customer.
e.g. The weight is 0.26 lb and your additional weight is 0.50 lb, the weight rate will be 0.76 lb. And if showing shipping wt. in cart 0.26 lb is shown to customer.
35. Declared Value: Do you want to Declare Package Value? Yes(On) or No(Off)
The declared value of a package represents UPS's maximum liability for the package in the case of loss or damage.
For more information, visit UPS Declared Value Q&A.
36. Declared Value Nominal: Enter the minimum nominal that will be used to enable the Declared Value. (If you leave it blank, it will use USD $100 by default)
37. Estimate Message: Insert your desired text to be shown to customers to inform them that rate on cart page was using residential address based rate and not actual, the actual rate will be shown on checkout page based on their address.
Finally Click the Save button and Turn On the extension.
Getting different rates between ups site and your siteThe rates on UPS is a retail price, you need to set the customer classification code to 04 in order to get the retail rates.
Get 10002: The XML document is well formed but the document is not validMake sure you have setup the correct package type.
Fix "ac_language_definitions doesn't" exist during upgrade issue.
Notes: This is only available in AbanteCart v 1.2.2+
Fix shipping cost not being calculated correctly if admin add products to existing order via the admin sale order page.
Fix incorrect declared value information URL in quick note.
changes Change update.sql to update.php in order to avoid upgrade issue.
Support AbanteCart v 1.2.13.
1. Fix unchecked Mexico UPS Standard service in admin settings if it's turned ON.
2. Fix switched length and width in product individual shipping dimension.
Remove unnecessary quick checkout template files.
1. Fix PHP7 A non-numeric value encountered warning message.
2. Fix wrong sort order.
3. Fix missing other shippers multiple local delivery(USPS integration and FedEx integration) on checkout/cart if used together.
4. Remove UPS services if USPS integration, FedEx integration and show only local delivery option are turned ON.
feature Separate Local Delivery into a new block for selection.
changes The origin Zip/Postal Code is no more a mandatory.
1. Exclude certain Zip/Postal code(s) for using USPS service and use local delivery service.
2. Admin may choose if want to show just the local delivery service or all of the shipping services for the excluded Zip/Postal code(s).
3. Admin may charge a fee for the local delivery service or set it as free service.
4. Admin can show additional message in the checkout cart page to inform the customers about the local delivery service.
5. Admins able to use both complete and partial Postal/Zip Code(s) by adding an asterisk(*) behind the code or one of them. It is useful if admins want to define an area instead of fill in the codes one by one. e.g. 351*,35005.
changes No more overrides cart.tpl.
Fix Negotiated Rates for non US based countries issues.
You can directly install without the need to uninstall and delete. You don't need to resave the settings anymore.
1. Separate Poland origin.
2. Add UPS Standard to Mexico Origin.
3. Fix wrong origin country code for non US countries.
4. Fix wrong UPS services name for non US countries.
5. Fix test your connection issue.
You can directly install without the need to uninstall and delete. You don't need to resave the settings anymore.
bug-fix Decode html tag in Estimate Message.
bug-fix Fixed the wrong individual shipping with insured value multiplication.
When using Canada Post and UPS, both blue blocks will show.
Support AbanteCart v1.2.9
1. You can directly install without the need to uninstall and delete.
2. You need to redo the settings.
3. Please save the changes by click on the save button and not the quick save button.
bug-fix Fixed the upgrade error.
bug-fix Fixed wrong Negotiated Rates.
Support AbanteCart v 1.2.8
feature Implement the test connection and credential in admin additional setting page.
bug-fix Fixed the currency change issue.
feature Implemented the Negotiated Rates service
feature Implemented the max box weight. Once the maximum weight is met, the system will calculate shipping for 2(or more) boxes.
feature Implemented Use Residential Rate As Default. Admin may choose want to use Residential Rate as the default or Commercial Rate on the view cart page.
improvement Now admin may select whether want to use fixed based or percentage based fee.