Manuals and more NOW located at our new
AbanteCart Information Hub from WHY2
Starting with extension version 1.2.15 we have adopted a license key for all our extensions. Your extension will only work if you have a validated license key entered for the location where your extension is installed. Refer to here for more details on how license keys work.
This extension allows a three-dimension input for calculating the volume of enclosure with straight parallel sides to be used to order products that need special calculation such as aquariums, boxes, etc. It allows multiple unit inputs such as feet/inches, yards/feet, meters/cm, etc. and handles decimal input also.
1. Main product quantity become inactive when you add options with track-able values.
2. You need to check the length classes in Admin panel under System > Localization > Length Classes for inclusion of Meter (m), Feet (ft) and Yard (yd) in order to use multiple unit type conversion selection displayed. Please refer to our F.A.Q for additional length classes added by extension.
3. Please refer to our F.A.Q for How to set product dimension for our shippers extension.
4. The extension doesn't work with default shippers due to the custom weight calculation that was made, so you have to use our shippers in order to have the correct weight calculated. Contact us if you are using a different shipping method than any of our shipping extension and need further guidance.
5. When you are using our multiple option calculators, make sure that you turn OFF the extension that you didn't use.
2. This is extension quick note.
3. Turn ON to use the extension.
4. Enter you license code. Refer to How to obtain license code section for more information.
5. Run Order: If you are using multiple of our extensions, refer to our F.A.Q for How to set extensions sort/run order if you are using multiple extensions. You can leave it blank if you are only using our Volume Calculator individually.
Two additional fields are added to the Product Summary /General Tab when you have activated the calculation option.
1. Define unit text - for volume it is usually cuft, cuin. or cuyd. The text will be shown as price/cuft etc.
Note: You should use weight input for the same unit of selling - e.g. if selling per cuft use the weight for a cuft.
2. Show Multiple Unit Type - Allows your customer to choose the unit type they are familiar with metric or non-metric. The extension will convert to the option settings for pricing.
This is a three-dimension calculation using Length X Width X Height or Length X Width X Depth.
1. Enter input limit message to notify them that they need enter the value between minimum and maximum limit. Default message is "Please enter between:"
2. Enter minimum error limit to let customer know that they need to enter bigger value than the minimum limit value. Default message is: "Please enter minimum:"
Enter minimum error limit to let customer know that they need to enter smaller value than the maximum limit value. Default message is: "The maximum cannot exceed:"
3. Select volume type. Available options are Length X Width X Height or Length X Width X Depth.
4. Enter minimum length.
5. Enter maximum length.
6. Enter minimum width.
7. Enter maximum width.
8. Enter minimum height.
9. Enter maximum height.
10. Select Maximum Basis:
A. Actual Qty: Select this if you want the extension automatically reduce the maximum limit each time after customer enter the length.
B. Fixed Limit: Select this if you don't want the maximum limit get reduced each time after customer select the length.
11. Choose different unit to let customer use big and small unit as the input. e.g. set inch as input unit and feet as output unit (You have to create the length class first).
12. Enter the decimal number to be used as rounding (If you leave this field empty, the extension use 3 decimal number as the default decimal number).
Notes for number 13: if you are using selectbox, we suggest you use option placeholder so the first option won't be calculated.
13. Select options that will be calculated along with the area. You need to create other product options first in order to be shown for selection.